Why I started a blog!

“Doing your honours is making sense of what you did not understand in your undergrad” that’s what my research lecturer said to us in the beginning of the year. To be honest, she was indeed spot on, because it has only been nine months and I am already able to make sense of it all and I have also gained inerasable knowledge. 

In the most part I have gained so much confidence and now have “swag of a college kid” lol. It's amazing how it took me 9 years to get this feeling (not that I am old), it’s just that I knew I wanted to be an economist at the age of 14 (well that’s the age I learnt of the term), however I have loved the finance sector way before then. 

I make reference of the “swag of a college kid”, because for some reason we all exude so much confidence when we feel as if we know something very well. I am talking about that “I got this” feeling, that makes you walk differently, talk differently and even think differently from the layman. However it’s what you do with that knowledge that distinct you from the rest, which is why I started a blog! 

I wanted to voice my “confident” opinion in a dynamic manner. I wanted a space for me to write something without adhering to specific jargon or writing techniques, where my perspective of things can be understood by the layman as well as an intellectual. This does seem like a tough position to put myself in; however I like challenges since they give you an opportunity to learn, so bring it on!  

Comments

Popular Posts